The Director, Market Development position is responsible for advancing sales of, and identifying and developing market opportunities for AT&T’s Public Sector product portfolio. Position will represent AT&T at various Public Sector forums and customer events and serve as subject matter expert and technical resource focused on public sector services, particularly data and emerging applications, unique to the public sector. Working with senior government levels, Public Sector advocacy groups and others influential parties within the Public Sector community, the position works closely with responsible sales and consulting teams and supports their sales efforts by leveraging product, vertical, and / or technology expertise. May manage and coordinate the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the public sector’s product portfolio. May also be called on as a technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions. May be called in to support, negotiate and/or close a sale by account-assigned Account Managers or may identify and close additional opportunities in cooperation with assigned account manager.
- Deep experience in marketing to and selling into the public sector vertical markets (public safety, national security, etc.).
- Public speaking experience
- Capable of developing relationships with senior-level government officials
- Ability to work cross-functionally and leading teams of indirect contributors
- Ability to think strategically and integrate highly-complex product sets and lead team to develop total solutions of products/application to address unique customer needs.
- Supports new and emerging technologies and strategic applications.
- Has been a thought leader in the public sector solution space.
- Create business plans to maximize most cost effective channels of fulfillment for business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Willing/capable of travel up to 50%
- Minimum 5-years’ experience marketing to/selling into public safety organizations
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 5-years’ experience within the wireless industry
- Currently lives in Washington DC area
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
District of Columbia-Washington
Dec 18, 2012, 1:00:00 PM
Feb 28, 2013, 1:00:00 AM
Director/Principal/Third Level Manager
AT&T - 5 months ago
Through its subsidiaries, affiliates, and operating companies, holding company AT&T is the industry-leading provider of wireline voice c...