Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant in our offices located in San Antonio, TX. This position will become a member of the financial reporting group for a publically traded, international writer of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance. This team is exposed to a number of technical compilation issues and accounting transactions to produce company financial reports needing the brightest accounting prowess.
- Preparation of monthly consolidation for US companies and quarterly consolidation for international parent
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports and filings quarterly (e.g., 10Q) and annually (e.g., 10K) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other regulatory commission requirements
- Assist with compliance and maintenance of XBRL requirements, including block tagging and detailed footnote tagging.
- Prepare/maintain equity accounting, including share based payments and earnings per share
- Assist with accounting research and compliance issues
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements
- Prepares balance sheet and related variance analysis
- Prepare financial statements for the Company’s benefit and contribution plans
- Assist with General Ledger Chart of Accounts maintenance
- Assist with/lead ad hoc reporting requests and projects as needed
- 4+ years accounting experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance (Masters Degree a plus)
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- Big 4 or public company experience preferred
- The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Experience with general ledger programs such as Oracle preferred
- Excellent organization skills, very strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required
- Strong teamwork skills and a professional attitude required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Argo Group - 14 months ago
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...