The Center for Biofilm Engineering (CBE) at Montana State University was established by a National Science Foundation Engineering Research Centers program grant in 1990 and is dedicated to encouraging university/industry collaboration and promoting industrial competitiveness and economic development. The CBE’s interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists works closely with companies, government agencies, and other universities as it pursues cooperative research ventures. The CBE currently employs over 40 faculty and staff and over 60 graduate and undergraduate students.
Under the supervision of the Business Manager, the Accounting Analyst performs complex accounting and fiscal management tasks for the CBE. This position is responsible for overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and travel; reconciling, recordkeeping and accurate reporting of all departmental funds (apx. 25 grants, 35 non-grant indexes) and multiple subaccounts; tracking and reporting of time and effort for student, staff and faculty; preparing a wide variety of reports for administrative use by department staff and faculty; other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field plus three years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) progressively responsible accounting experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience . Describe specific education and experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of accounting rules and regulations governing recordkeeping and fiscal management.
3. Demonstrated competence managing, monitoring, and reconciling fiscal records.
4. Demonstrated experience providing critical support to an organization while demonstrating close attention to detail.
5. Demonstrated experience using data base, spreadsheet, word processing, and e-mail software. Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook are preferred. (Please list software used and types of documents produced.)
6. Demonstrated effective communications and customer service skills and the ability to organize work accurately while paying close attention to details.
1. Experience with SCT Banner software, Banner Financial reports, CatBooks, QuickBooks and PCard software.
2. Experience complying with Higher Education budgetary processes, auditing procedures, payroll processes, and operating procedures.
The successful candidate will also have the following abilities : to consistently exercise initiative and good judgment while prioritizing workload to meet deadlines with minimal supervision; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with employees and the public; to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the public in a team-oriented environment; to maintain confidentiality of records and information; to serve as fiscal liaison for the department to MSU employees, students, vendors, and MSU administration; and to represent the department and MSU to others in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Screening will begin February 13, 2013, and will continue until a suitable candidate is chosen.
To apply, please submit the following application materials:
The MSU Application Cover Sheet. Download the MSU Application Cover Sheet and pertinent application information by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
Written responses to the Required and Preferred qualifications listed above.
Employment History or Resume
At least three (3) supervisory/professional references with contact information (most recent/current supervisor preferred.
Electronic submissions in Word or PDF are highly preferred but hard copies will be accepted. An original signature on the MSU Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to: Tara Gunsch, HR/Information Coordinator Montana State University Center for Biofilm Engineering 366 EPS Building P.O. Box 173980 Bozeman, MT 59717-3980 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please e-mail or call Search Committee Contact at 406-994-4770 with any questions. Fax: 406-994-6098
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...