Sales & Catering Manager
- To solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.), while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Plan, up-sell, and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, Etc.
- Complete the contract, prepare the appropriate paperwork including banquet event orders and diagrams, coordinate with the appropriate area in the hotel, resolve any issues, or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare status and period-end reports to keep management abreast of activities.
- Establish sales goal and work closely with Restaurant, Banquet Staff, and Hotel Set-up to produce successful events.
- Assures proper implementation of guest requirements, supervises functions, and follows up with clients to ensure the highest level of satisfaction.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/hotel procedures and products and the competition’s product, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and achievement of goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of catering to both social and business market in a one-person catering office.
- The Sales & Catering Manager requires knowledge of department interaction and organizational structure in a hospitality context. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
- Salary range: $32,000 - $35,000 plus commission.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct catering activities.
- Good computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Work, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Holiday Inn Presidential is a full service hotel which serves as the Anchor Hotel for the Clinton Presidential Library in Downtown Little...