This position will function as the primary point of communication between ASRC and its subsidiaries, designer, and contractors, recognizing that ASRC and companies will be tenants in a buildings owned by ASRC. The incumbent will maintain building facilities by overseeing services including painting, carpentry, plumbing, carpeting, and electrical repairs and installations. The position ensures the construction progresses within customer specifications, within schedule and within budget limitations established for tenant improvements. The scope of the position includes exchanging facts, present and explains information to the Director of Barrow Operations.
1. Responsible for preparation of operating and capital budgets for department operation functions and is accountable for actual department operation expenses.
2. Respond to random or emergency calls, such as, fire alarm activity, boiler and heat system failure, elevator problems, plugged sewer lines, and frozen pipes.
3. Develop and manage an efficient process for tracking all facilities related requests, which include, but are not limited to, office furniture moves, reconfigurations, expediting and building repairs or maintenance issues for ASRC and Sub Tenants of Barrow Properties.
4. Reviews the reports from the tenants, design group, and general contractor, checks on any reported difficulties and ensure any deficiencies are addressed.
5. Plans and coordinates ASRC events and functions which take place at the corporate location, including, but not limited to, event details such as vendor communication, special security needs and traffic flow during events.
6. Supervise and coordinate the comprehensive responsibilities of mail processing, including all mailing, shipping, and receiving for the ASRC building. Interact with all ASRC departments, staff, shared service clients, U.S. Postal Service (USPS), and other carriers (UPS, etc.) to ensure the systematic handling and timely delivery of incoming, outgoing, and interoffice mail and package delivery.
7. Monitors the progress of the building developer and the quality of work of the general contractor and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications are in accordance with the standards specified in the design documents or other agreements.
8. Tracks the construction schedule and tenant improvement costs to achieve completion of project within the time and monies allocated in accordance with the lease and other relevant agreements between ASRC and the contractor.
9. Assist the Director of Barrow Operations in the development of a comprehensive maintenance and operations program for all ASRC properties.
10. Oversees and coordinates maintenance services at all ASRC properties: the courthouse building, ASRC building, Top of the World Hotel, Eskimos, Inc. Auto Parts store and gas station, video bank, and the Igloo building.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Barrow Operations.
1. Strong knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture.
2. Must have five years work experience in contract management experience or with building maintenance, and vendor services.
3. Five years of strong administrative work experience.
4. Current drivers license with a good driving record.
5. Computer based analytical skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
6. Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.