The Publications Graphic Designer is a critical position that helps drive the design, production, and printing of World Learning written publications—including catalogs, brochures, direct mail pieces, merchandise, and other print materials. This critical member of the Communications team works with the Marketing Department to manage outside design and print services for the educational units of World Learning; and assists the Assistant Director of Publications with similar duties for other World Learning units. In addition, the Publications Graphic Designer provides in-house design and production for World Learning’s external and internal publishing projects, and helps coordinate the organization’s print and electronic graphic identity assets. . This position requires a professional with a deep attention to detail, a strong process orientation, and a commitment to servicing our internal clients and customers. The role will require strong interpersonal skills and a solid work ethic.
• Provide design advice and services and production advice for all World Learning design jobs that do not require outsourcing to an outside vendor.
• Assist in maintaining internal processes around print production and approvals
• Work with outside printers, design firms, and contractors on production issues
• Manage projects with internal clients in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Publications
• Prepare job orders/assembly instructions to outside vendors for print estimates, job requirements, etc.
• Work with the Assistant Director of Publications to advise the Director of Communications and the Director of Marketing on vendor relationships, cost efficiencies. and processes
• Assist in maintaining the publications archive (digital and electronic), photo and image collections; and contacts with photographers to fulfill photo needs.
• Assist the Assistant Publications Director in publications budget tracking, financial reporting, and other administrative duties as needed Design and manage institutional collateral orders and inventory as needed
• Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director of Publications.
• 3-5 years design experience, preferably in a publications/media environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to attend to details
• Flexible and organized work habits
• Ability to excel at multiple projects at the same time
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Professional, Dreamweaver), Microsoft Office Suite 2007, basic HTML, and Internet usage as well as reporting software
• Proficiency with network systems management; for production and archiving purposes
• Experience in administrative duties as they relate to production of print and marketing materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in a design related field
World Learning - 14 months ago