Job Duties & Responsibilities
Are you a motivated person looking for a fast-paced career with high earning potential? Would you love to start a sales career without the hassle of cold calling? At GEICO, our stellar reputation and creative advertising will keep the customers calling you! We're looking for professional, friendly and career-oriented candidates who are interested in a career with an industry-leading insurance company.
After completing our paid training and licensing program, you'll need to sit for and pass your state licensing exam to sell insurance. From there, you'll be ready to deliver outstanding GEICO customer service, sell our exceptional line of insurance products, achieve sales goals, and even earn bonuses.
You will receive fully paid training and we will sponsor you for your Insurance License!
As a Sales Representative, you will:
- Handle an average of 15-25 inbound sales calls per day in a call center environment
- Be an expert on GEICO products and benefits and use that expertise to close sales
- Gather information from prospective policyholders
- Help our customers select the insurance policy that's best for them
- Identify customer's needs and answer all of their questions
- Prepare high-quality rate quotes and close the sale
- Provide solutions that help make it easy for customers to buy a GEICO policy
- Empathize with the customer and overcome objections
- Follow-up with interested or eligible customers who did not buy on their first contact
- Provide guidance on additional product lines that best protect our customers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior customer service experience
- Demonstrated job stability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills
- High level of dependability
- Ability to gather information and make decisions
- Must be comfortable working in a call center environment
At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary with annual merit reviews.
Starting Pay: $14.00 hourly / $28,210.00 annually (with an opportunity to earn bonus)
Salary with a bachelors degree $15.38 hourly / $31,000.00 annually
Bonus for having P & C License
10% Shift Differential for working an evening shift
Important Position Details
At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average 2 promotions within the first 3 years. At GEICO,
University, our companywide training and development program
- You'll receive on-going training to help you learn your job
- We encourage your professional development through GEICO
- We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop
lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
- There are opportunities to advance your career and become a
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you.
Prior insurance experience is not necessary; we provide comprehensive and on-going training!
You'll receive on the job paid training to help you learn what you need to know to assist customers with many different types of requests. Once on the job, associates receive frequent updates and on-going training to keep their knowledge up-to-date and develop their skills.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...