The Systems Design Division of ARM is looking for a student who is enthusiastic about embedded systems, graphical user interfaces, and is eager to apply what they’ve studied while learning a thing or two in the process. You will be working alongside the developers in ARM’s product development teams, a small group who is passionate about development tools and getting things done.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Code test cases in either Python or Java as guided by the QA team lead
- Rigorous and methodical approach to coding and exercising API's, which will systematically reveal flaws and improve product quality
- Maintenance and extension of existing automated test apparatus
- Creation or replication of real-world scenarios to ensure best possible customer experience
- Documentation of test procedures
- Collaboration with the entire QA team to establish overall test plans and build acceptance criteria
Essential Skills and Requirements
Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline
Ability to work 30-40 hours per week, for two semesters
Clear written and verbal communication skills
Dedication to product quality, with a thorough, uncompromising approach to validation
ARM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) or Android platforms
- Strong analytical and logical abilities and thinking.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow procedures in test documents.
- A successful candidate should be very detail oriented.
- Ability to describe and provide defect steps in technical writing fashion
- Understanding of testing methodologies employed in 'white box' testing (e.g. functional, regression, boundary, stress tests) and 'black box' testing (GUI validation)
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code which is easy to invoke, either by hand or as part of an automated system, and produces clear results based on narrowly defined criteria
- Understanding the concepts of electricity and ability to perform simple calculations using theoretical equations and formulas.