Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, part of the Ogilvy & Mather network and a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com ), represents the largest assembly of creative talent in the world of healthcare communications with 65 offices across 36 countries. Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide provides marketing services including brand identity and development, clinical trial recruitment, digital/interactive services, direct-to-consumer, direct-to-patient, global integration, managed care marketing, market research and analytics, media planning and buying, medical advertising and promotion, medical education, public affairs and relations, relationship marketing, scientific communications and publications and strategic consulting. The organization houses and maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth and Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities within the marketplace.
The Media Supervisor is responsible for development and implementation of the multi-channel media plan that supports the strategic imperatives of the brand and delivers measurable results. He/she possesses an understanding of the market dynamics, target audiences, competitive landscape, and messaging strategy for the brand. The Supervisor makes use of available channel consumption research, syndicated media data, and other resources to build the optimal reach, frequency, and media mix. He/she coordinates media purchases with the client’s buying agency and ensures correctness of ad creative, timing, and pricing. The Supervisor is responsible for maintaining regular client and agency contacts, including plan presentations to the marketing team. The Supervisor is integral to training more junior level planners and coordinators and may have direct reports.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Independent management of planning and implementation of professional media schedules for print, digital, and alternative media
- Preparation of tactical media plans based on media parameters obtained from the client that reflect an understanding of the client’s therapeutic category and market conditions
- Analysis and application of FOCUS syndicated readership data and other available research in the evaluation and selection of multi-channel media
- Utilization of MARS (Kantar) system to maintain media schedules and run reach and frequency analyses
- Coordination of media purchases (i.e., issuance of monthly insertion order and contractual agreements) with the client’s media buying agency
- Facilitation of 3 rd party ad serving of digital campaigns (DoubleClick) in collaboration with the digital media analyst
- Digital campaign reporting and optimization
- Competitive activity reporting and analysis
- Work with clients and creative agencies to ensure appropriate ad creative is received by on-line and off-line publishers
- Meetings with digital, print, and alternative media suppliers to increase knowledge of markets and identify new media opportunities
- Tracking and reporting of client earned and agency-negotiated savings and added value
- Training assistant planners and coordinators in planning & buying functions
- On-going training in media planning skills, tools, and research application with goal of advancement to more strategic planning role
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 3-5 years of media experience (advertising agency, publishing company, or pharmaceutical company), preferably in healthcare
- B.A./B.S. in communications, advertising, marketing or related field
- College internship in advertising or related field is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.