EMCORE offers a broad portfolio of compound semiconductor-based products for the telecom, CATV, satellite communications, video transport, defense & homeland security and solar power markets. Our two primary operating segments are Fiber Optics and Solar Photovoltaics. EMCORE Fiber Optics provides optical components, subsystems and systems that enable the transmission of video, voice, and data over high-capacity fiber optic links. EMCORE Solar Photovoltaics provides products based on its high-efficiency Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) solar cells for both space and terrestrial solar power applications.
Emcore develops and manufactures the most efficient solar cells in the world. These multiple-junction solar cells provide power for most of the satellites and extra-planetary spacecraft in use in space today, and are also poised to provide a cost-effective source of clean, renewable energy here on Earth. Emcore is seeking an exceptional engineer interested in applying their talent and motivation to solving problems in the ever-important renewable energy industry. This engineer will work in an R&D environment to develop advanced process capabilities to manufacture and improve cutting-edge solar cell products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Lead semiconductor fabrication process development projects to advance new products from concept phase through manufacturing phase.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the design, construction, manufacturing methods and operating principles of series interconnected multi-junction solar cells
- Contribute technical innovation to improve product value and increase market share, including new device designs and manufacturing methods.
- Assume ownership and accountability for successful completion of programs.
- Define the technical objectives, scope of work, budget, milestones, needed resources, and schedule of large and small projects.
- Develop sufficient expertise with available modeling, growth, fabrication, test, and design tools to recommend better methods, improved designs and upgrade opportunities.
- Use analysis tools such as Excel, JMP and presentation tools such as Word and Powerpoint to develop thoughtful and correct analyses and conclusions of projects, and present those conclusions to others in a convincing and confident manner.
- Report results both internally and externally with presentations and formal reports.
- Develop strong working relationships across the organization.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the customer base and design requirements for space and terrestrial solar cells.
- The ideal candidate has an MS/PhD degree in electrical engineering, materials science or physics, experience in solar cell product development, and strong background in common III-V (Arsenide & Phosphide) semiconductor fabrication techniques.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- This position requires a well-rounded set of skills including technical ability, fabrication process development skills, familiarity with semiconductor device manufacturing methods, and strong communication skills.
US Citizenship mandatory due to site regulations.
EMCORE - 18 months ago