This position will provide support and maintenance for computer equipment for classroom and administrative technology. The position is responsible for customer service initiative, data reporting and inventory control. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Perform key job elements of Computer Technician and Lead Service Support Technician positions
- Create standard weekly and monthly reports on labs and technology issues.
- Responsible for coordinating resolution of basic network issues.
- Update and change Technology Department databases. Create new reports.
- Develop data related to inventory. Create new reports.
- Develop tech plan outlines and initial technology needs assessments.
- Develop support level and training option outlines for the technical staff.
Assistant Director of Technology
Students, Staff, and faculty on a daily basis.
- Associate's Degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Coursework in the related field of Computer Technology preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience with hardware and software to include: HP computers and printers, apple computers and printers, Windows operating systems, MAC operating systems and graphic output devices.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 2 years ago