The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy.
Currently, we seek a Patient Services Supervisor.
Oversee multiple functions required to insure the successful delivery of the services provided by Branch Operations. This function includes and is not limited to; phlebotomy services, (including Mobile Phlebotomy, Patient Service Centers, In Office Phlebotomy), RRL's, Logistics, Client Services and Specimen Management in the assigned area. Alternately, may oversee phlebotomy services (including Patient Service Centers, In Office Phlebotomy and/or Mobile Phlebotomy) with responsibility for more than 5 offices and 25 or more employees. Responsible for the activities, training of all personnel, all daily operations of PSCs. Ensure maintenance of a safe, professional environment in all facilities supervised.
1. Responsible for daily operations of all assigned facilities, PSCs, mobile and in-office phlebotomy.
2. May have responsibility for Logistics, RRL's or Client Service functions.
3. Oversee safety, maintenance, and cleanliness of facilities (including upgrades, repairs, etc)
4. Implement SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
5. Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's offices.
6. Ensures all Laboratory testing QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
7. Perform site visits at all assigned PSC's/ IOP's and mobile phlebotomy sites and document findings. Perform QA audits. Site visits scheduled appropriately to provide adequate supervision.
8. Ensure all employees meet requirements for driving on company business.
9. Hold regularly scheduled meetings for dissemination of all information to staff.
10. Track/enter time/attendance of employees.
11. Prepare month-end reports.
12. Investigates/resolves and responds to customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
13. Prepares schedules with minimal overtime for employees and floaters. Maintains adequate coverage for all facilities.
14. Oversees inventory process for supervised facilities.
15. Responsible to ensure Quest improvement and/or standardization initiatives are implemented.
16. Relocate/open/close PSC's, IOP's and RRL's.
17. Participate in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees.
18. Responsible for training, coaching, supervision and development of staff.
19. Monitor on-going performance of employees, provide corrective action and counseling as required. Perform mid year and annual performance appraisals.
20. Assist in preparation of annual budget for areas of responsibility. Maintain budget control throughout the year in areas of responsibility.
21. Supervisor participates to assure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
22. Participate on process improvement teams, or other initiatives to meet management objectives.
23. Organize and lead projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. May be required to give presentations and speak in groups.
24. All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
25. Demonstrate and live the Values of Quest Diagnostics.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of progressive leadership experience.
1. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Work Experience Preferred:
1. Two years prior supervisory experience
2. 5+ years experience in phlebotomy, laboratory or other health care environment.
3. Demonstrated leadership experience.
4. Keyboard/data entry application. PC experience.
5. Customer service in a service environment.
1. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
2. Must have valid driver license and clean driving record.
3. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
4. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
5. PC skills, MS Office applications.
6. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise consistent, independent, sound judgment.
1. Position requires travel. Clean driving record required.
2. Extensive use of phone and PC.
3. Prolong standing/sitting
4. Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
5. Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time.
7. Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. ]
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 13 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...