Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Value Added Meats - Retail facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Meat Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a
Quality Assurance Technician
with our Cargill Value Added Meats facility in
, reporting into the Quality Technical Services Supervisor. The primary accountability for this position is to assist the Quality Technical Services Supervisor in monitoring food safety, quality assurance, and Good Manufacturing Practices throughout the facility. This position will be responsible for performing product quality checks, monitoring GMPs and food safety in the production areas, and verifying HACCP and SSOP records.
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Must be able to read and write English fluently
- Basic math skills
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Keen sense of priorities - identifies what needs to be done and completes tasks
- Assesses degree of urgency and importance and translates vision into results
- Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and some holidays as needed
- High School diploma, 2 year degrees preferred.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Food Safety, HACCP, GMP, Regulatory Compliance, Quality Systems and Audits, Sanitation and Food Handling.
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...