At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
• Responsible for the purchasing of complex, technical or specialized material, equipment, or services for the Operations group.
• Ensure material is available to meet production requirements and address quality problems.
• Interact, establish, and maintain vendor relationships.
• Aggressively pursue inventory management and cost reduction programs and opportunities.
• Work directly with engineering on component selection and alternate selections.
• Participate in the development and implementation of procurement programs including Demand Flow Replenishment, Inventory Control, and Supplier Development & Certification.
• Focus on delivering results.
• Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
• Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
• Ability to work regularly and dependably, function in a team environment.
• Demonstrate ability to cope with stress in fast pace, dynamic environment.
• Maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate ability to make decisions, learn new skills, think rationally and exercise good judgment.
• Develop and present data-based solutions across multiple levels of management.
Percentage of Travel: 0-10%
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5
Education Standard: Bachelors Degree Required
Education Type: Technical
• Bachelors Degree required, technical field preferred
• Minimum of five years purchasing experience
• Extensive experience with purchasing of electronic components and electro-mechanical assemblies preferred
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain Technology and Inventory Management.
• Experience with electronic production control systems desired.
• Ability to effectively apply Demand Flow (Kanban) principles in a team environment.
• Understanding of purchasing systems, methods and models.
• Professional negotiating abilities and strong business ethics.
• Other key competencies required are strong leadership, written and oral communication skills, and customer satisfaction focus.
Our Climate Solutions sector delivers energy-efficient Climate Solutions delivers energy-efficient solutions globally and includes Trane, which provides HVAC systems and building services, parts, support and controls for commercial buildings, and Thermo King, the leader in transport temperature control solutions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...