Responsible for supporting the documentation, storage, abstraction, compilation and analysis of data relating to nursing department, quality, Magnet and PI initiatives. Optimizes complex patient care workflow as it impacts information systems and nursing outcomes. Serves as a liaison between IT and the Department of Nursing. Recommends solutions to enhance functionality for nursing staff efficiency, patient care, regulatory requirements, quality, safety, outcomes and research. Assists with training programs related to automated clinical systems. Provides consultation and input to IT clinical information teams. Responsible for the preparation and delivery of compliance documentation to maintain designation. Direct linkage to hospital quality activities.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing.
- 3 years clinical experience working with electronic medical records.
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Master's degree in a job-related field.
- Clinical information system implementation experience.
- Critical care/medical surgical experience.
- Nursing Informatics certification/quality methodology training.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Allentown, Camp Hill, Elizabethtown, Hanover, Hershey, Harrisburg, Kingston, Lancaster, Lebanon, Middletown, York, Hanover, Palmyra, Reading, State College, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, PA, HIMSS, HIM, HIMS, Health Information Systems, Information Technology, Tech, Technologist, Technician, Computer, Systems Analyst, Medical/Surgical, Med/Surg, Medical-Surgical, Critical Care Unit, CCU
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center - 12 months ago
The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is Central Pennsylvania's only academic medical center and home to Penn State Children's Hospital and...