We are a successful high-tech, industry leading company that specializes in online dating, webcam and mobile communities. Located in Stockton, CA we have been in business since 2002. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a great company located in the San Joaquin Valley. Very few companies can compete with the knowledge and technical skills of our company without being located in the Bay Area.
We are seeking a motivated & knowledgeable system administrator who can thrive in a fast pace environment and successfully contribute to the team. The ideal candidate will assist in maintaining a 24/7 operation with minimal to no down time. This person will be familiar with all network types and have the ability to research and implement fixes accurately and timely. We run 100% CentOS linux, candidate must have a strong background in using linux.
- Maintains all office computer hardware/software as required.
- Create and manage virtual machines (XenSource)
- Build and deploy VMs using Puppet
- Support and maintain Production and Staging Servers running CentOS
- Researches current hardware/software markets, and recommends improvements to existing systems.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies in our current server infrastructure.
- Analyze performance trends across a variety of systems for capacity planning
- Maintain operational documentation in company wiki.
- Oversees and performs scheduled maintenance on computer hardware as necessary.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call pager rotation.
- Use of Linux (preferably CentOS)
- Experience with MySQL, Apache, Nginx, LDAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relentless approach to getting to the bottom of any problem
- Automate work through use of Bash and/or Perl.
- Project & Time Management
- Health Benefits
- 401k and Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Friendly & Fun work environment
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
- Salary or wages depending upon experience and level of knowledge
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We value diversity in the workplace and will not discriminate against any prospective or current employee on the basis of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or religious affiliation.
Compensation: $40,000 - $80,000 depending on experience