Develops supply chain structure. Evaluates and selects suppliers and negotiates purchasing agreements for a given set of parts/commodities. Meets long range material cost targets through negotiations and Value Analysis/Value Engineering projects. Through completion of assigned projects, supports achieving the strategies of the manufacturing, sales, and engineering departments.
- Creates and implements optimal structure for control of the supply chain balancing cost, risk, quality, and other factors.
- Develops formal supplier and commodity strategy and tactics and supporting QDCC analysis along with market based pricing information and global economic conditions.
- Interacts frequently with engineering, SQE, and operations on product development to understand material requirements and works to achieve optimal value results.
- Manages the size and composition of the supplier group and works with SQE to identify, qualify, and approve suppliers and consistently improve the total value add from the supply base, especially emphasizing reduced costs.
- Negotiates for materials and pricing agreements (short and long term) to ensure proper flow, cost and performance of materials to production. Creates major long-term supply agreements that may last 1-3 years.
- Analyzes supplier metric reports, using such information to work with individual suppliers as needed and evaluate the overall composition of the supply base and distribution of work within. Takes leadership role not only in resolving metrics that do not meet goal, but in improving performance to surpass targets.
- Creates MRP/planning parameters for assigned and newly developed parts to ensure proper materials planning. Works with other mid-level NPS and supplier personnel to develop and improve planning parameters.
- Maintains PO database and Master Material database to ensure data integrity of planned and expected materials on new materials until hand-off to buyer/planner.
- Will frequently take on leadership or facilitator role in non-core assigned parts or commodities, such as office/administrative/operations sourcing plans.
- Provides backup to other sourcing managers and buyer/planners as needed. Provides back-up to supply chain senior leadership as required.
- Trains and mentors less experienced personnel – all supply chain positions.
- Assembles and leads major cross-functional Commodity/Supplier management teams from various departments to achieve objectives.
- Regularly conducts complex negotiations with selected suppliers for both long and short term agreements. Leads company negotiation teams and assigns/rehearses roles within team and company.
- Receives, interprets, and transmits complex information requiring explanation and analysis.
- Internal contacts are frequent with individuals of considerable influence with the company. External contacts are regular with individuals of high influence in the supply base, up to and including presidential/owner level.
- Escalates highly complex issues to requests to gain cooperation at mid to high levels at NPS and executive levels in supply base.
- Operates within the context of regularly assigned duties and general processes with extremely limited supervision.
- Leads larger project teams with minimal supervision at major milestones.
- Takes initiative to seek out and preemptively solve issues within assigned commodities, parts, or projects without being asked.
- Completes regular and special duties to meet stated, imposed, and business deadlines without frequent supervision.
- Creates analytical reports to show trends in supplier costs/leadtimes/quality, inventory, etc, and has the ability to present these graphically as required.
- Resolves priority conflicts and meets deadlines for business, raising very infrequently issues where assistance is required.
- General work instructions are given on new assignments.
- Takes on all other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Email your resume to email@example.com .
- Has advanced in-depth knowledge of multiple production operations workflows.
- Has advanced in-depth knowledge of / skills in the content areas of:
- Engineering and manufacturing processes within assigned commodity area(s)
- Product design and required components
- Project management and strategic thinking
- Creative problem-solving
- Strong knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes for assigned commodities
- Capable of assisting suppliers in improving processes to increase value/reduce costs
- Advanced negotiation and articulate communication skills
- Designing and performing meaningful analyses
- Interpreting accounting work papers and financial statements
- Knowledge of accounting processes as they impact the procure-to-pay workflow.
- Advanced use of Microsoft office tools, including Project and Visio.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in material planning and contract management in a technology industry manufacturing environment, with at least 4 years in a senior buyer or sourcing manager type role.
- Minimum 1 year of project and/or team lead experience.
- Has acquired ISM CPSM certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Desirable to have Master’s degree in business and/or supply chain related field.
- Highly desirable to have related certifications in:
- Materials related functions
- Continuous improvement methodologies (6S, lean Sigma, Kaisen, etc.)
- Team or Project leadership
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume and will contact you if we think there is a possible fit for you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Northern Power Systems designs, manufactures, and sells wind turbines and power technology products, and provides engineering development...