THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for Support Operations (SPT) is responsible for the overall planning, oversight and coordination of program Human Resources (HR), Contracting, Finance, Security and Environmental, Safety & Health functions. Serves as acting Program Manager when directed. Reports directly to the Program Manager.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Responsible for all Centers of Excellence (COE) support for the program including HR, finance, contracts, security, environmental and safety..
2. Maintains situational awareness of all program support requirements including the status of any fiscal, personnel and resource issues including the glide path for the resolution of any of these issues.
3. Provides leadership, consultation, and mentoring to functional and support managers; creates development opportunities for senior leadership and their staff and fosters a culture of continuous teaming throughout the organization.
4. Manages financial matters, including authorization for purchase requests, requisitions, salary adjustments, travel, and equipment lease in accordance with Exelis policy.
5. Monitors the performance of subcontractors and vendors. Coordinates remedial action through the program's contracting staff.
6. Resolve conflicts regarding resource allocation.
7. Establishes programs to meet normal and contingency mission support requirements. Directly supervise, monitor and control these programs as needed.
8. Enforces compliance with applicable Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) and Waste Management policies and procedures.
9. Encourages VBLSS project implementation.
10. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and other general office equipment
Work is generally conducted in an office environment and at project work areas.
Work may require stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business administration, management, project management or a closely related field. Master’s Degree is preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired. Lean Six Sigma certification (Green/Black belt) is a plus. Must be a U.S. citizen with a SECRET clearance.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in base support or site management support operations. Experience must include management of human resources, contracts/sub-contracts, finance, security, environmental and safety operations. Previous support management in a military environment greatly preferred. Management of multiple sites across a large geographic area desired.
Must possess excellent computer, interpersonal, personnel management, and oral and written communication skills. ITIL V3 Foundations certification preferred.
Manages support operations functions across the program.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date