With annual 2010 sales of $1.99 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use and has recently introduced a new on-road electric powered neighborhood vehicle. Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ORVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years are making in-roads into the cruiser and touring motorcycle marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
Leads and facilitates all stages of the M&A process from target identification through post-close integration planning. Supports the company’s business development efforts with target market research and analysis, acquisition planning and analysis, performing financial due diligence, coordinating operational due diligence on targets, and coordinating acquisition integration efforts. Provides direction to acquisition due-diligence and integration team members and ensures compliance to Polaris’ Acquisition Framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for researching relevant target markets and developing the target market opportunity analysis. Lead the identification of strategic acquisitions and resulting potential value and recommend targets for potential mergers and acquisitions. Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential synergies, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
2. Understand and refine financial reports, P&L and Balance sheet issues, and reconstruct target financials into new formats which align with corporate standards.
3. Manage the completion of the deal approval documents for both upper management approval and the Board of Directors approval.
4. Proactively work to identify and implement acquisition target synergies related to growth opportunities, expense savings efficiencies and spending process improvements.
5. Successfully operate and work indirectly with VP of Integration.
6. Provide leadership to the development of financial and operational models utilized to analyze the strategic and operational fit and economics of opportunities.
7. Work with corporate development analyst in managing the acquisition funnel process. Provide proactive leadership in managing relationship of potential targets through the acquisition funnel process, and guidance to analyst of funnel updates.
8. Develop and present the business case supporting the acquisition and recommended valuation of potential targets to senior leadership and other internal stakeholders. Create business case materials for presentation to the Board of Directors.
9. Manage broad based, multi-disciplinary due diligence teams. Work closely with senior leadership of Polaris business units.
10. Assist with negotiation of purchase agreements. Assist key business leaders with post-merger integration.
11. Lead the multi-year strategic planning process in partnership with assigned business unit. Oversee the development and deployment of a consistent planning package for utilization by each business.
12. Translate critical and complex strategies into an effective plan and support the organization in the execution of the plan and key initiatives.
13. Ensure projects and teams conform to the Polaris Acquisition Framework process.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
2. 6-8 years’ experience in M&A transaction and due diligence required
3. Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and interact effectively with a wide range of audiences.
4. Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a matrix environment with multiple customers and evaluators.
5. Detail oriented and possess strong analytical skills
6. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives at once.
7. Demonstrate ability to handle both strategic and tactical assignments.
8. Self-starter with the ability to identify and proactively resolve business issues.
9. Strategic thinker who can shape, lead and drive potential transactions and identify attractive growth areas that would enhance shareholder value.
Dynamic fast-paced environment.
Must be able to work in a Matrix environment.
Moderate travel is required.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...