- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Often leads small to medium technical projects. Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value. Demonstrates execution of the HP strategy.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning's are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solves diverse and complex. May lead a project team.
Education and Experience Required:
5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
In Depth knowledge of Solaris patching strategies
In Depth knowledge of Solaris package creation and usage
Detailed knowledge of Sun Cluster or Veritas Cluster (VCS), HP SG, HACMP.
Engineer HA Cluster implementations for Sun Cluster, VCS, MC/Service Guard, HA-CMP.
Assist in engineering/planning tech refreshes for clients
Mentor level 2 folks
Ability to draft detailed instructions for Levels 1 and 2 Staff to execute
Ability to lead on incident management calls.
Full competency in a minimum of two UNIX operating systems with current certification in standard supported versions: Solaris 9-10, AIX 5X, HP-UX 11, LINUX - Red Hat 3-5, SUSE 9
Proficiency in use of the following High-Availability software suites with efforts to attain certification in progress:
Veritas Cluster server
HP Service Guard
Red Hat Cluster
Proficiency in installation, configuration and testing of the following software products:
Storage management software – EMC, VERITAS
Backup-recovery software – TSM, LEGATO, NETBACKUP, DATA PROTECTOR
Monitoring tools – CA, BMC, TNG, HPOM
Performance and capacity monitoring-reporting tools
OS specific packages SSH, SSL, Utility Tools
Web application tools
Database configuration Knowledge
Knowledge of kernel configuration and system-level tuning of all operating system components, as well as general application level interface settings.
Working knowledge of UNIX security configuration and audit requirements:
Ability to install and configure security tools, review reports and mitigate security audit issues and system configuration gaps.
Knowledge of current SARBINES OXLEY requirements.
Knowledge of SFTP, SSL, SSH, Prohibited NEWORK SERVICES, and firewall rules configuration.
Full competency in incident and problem resolution skills, including start to finish service restoration and full system recovery skills
Ability to determine and communicate corrective action requirements and accurately develop and document a root cause analysis/RCA paper (technical writing skills are required).
Demonstrated skills in scripting in KSH, BASH, Perl, CSH and Bourne
Demonstrated knowledge in current ITIL Foundation in Request, Change, Release, Incident and Problem Management
Ability to communicate slowly, confidently and clearly during outage, crisis and application planning conference calls with clients and vendors in attendance.
HP - 18 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...