Minimum Skills/Requirements: • State of New Mexico Registered Nursing License and bachelor’s degree required. Five to eight years nursing experience in critical care or emergency room seting. Two to three years experience or leadership role overseeing work process. Critical care nursing experience preferred.
Primary Job Functions
Ability to think logically and sequentially, undertstands redesign concepts, and re-demonstrates ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
Primary Functions: • Inpatient Admitting: Manages and facilitates the timely bed assignment and registration for all patients regardless of patient entry.
- Effectively influences others, develops others, fosters teamwork, possesses initiative, positive customer service orientation.
- Ability to plan and organize time and resources efficiently, resistance to stress and strong self concept.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Transfer Center: Manages centralized transfer processes to ensure timely and safe patient transfers. Assists Director with marketing efforts as well as site visits to referring hospitals and physician groups. Works with key accepting physicians on protocol development. Assures that all transfer protocols according to patient type and diagnosis are followed and makes recommendation for change to Director as needed.
- Patient Transport: Oversees patient transporters and ensures that necessary scheduling and payroll functions are complete. Assists in the development and refinement of patient transport process flow.
- Ambulance Transport: Collaborates with AAS to ensure service levels are established and met.
- Supports and enhances the vision, mission and shared values of the organization.
- Continually measures progress towards and/or deviation from goals of organization.
- Evaluates team performance against stated objectives.
- Monitors the overall performance and participation of the team using Bed tracking, Transfer Center, and related data reports.
- Apprises Director of significant developments affecting production goals, budget goals, budget goals, etc., and renders timely and accurate reports as required.
- Assures procedure manuals are prepared and updated as required.
- Assures timely follow-up on issues related to Patient Logistics.
- Performs human resource management functions including hiring, coaching, evaluating, counseling and dismissals utilizing hire right tools and bundles.
- Exhibits appropriate customer/client relations in all interactions.
- Consistently communicates information in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal/external stakeholders in and around the state of New Mexico as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of information in related field.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 23 months ago