Under minimal supervision, conducts analyses of jobs, wages and salaries to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company's pay practices. Develops, implements and administers compensation policies and programs. Participates in wage surveys.
- Develops, implements, and administers compensation policies and programs.
- Conducts analyses of jobs, hourly wages, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company's pay practices.
- Conducts job analysis and recommends appropriate salary grades or market rates for specific jobs according to compensation guidelines.
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position.
- Evaluates jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Reviews and approves job transfers and promotions to ensure appropriate titles and levels are assigned to all employees based on the work required, prior experience, and other criteria.
- Generates reports as requested using data from HRIS system downloads. Assists in the generation and analysis of compression reports, market adjustment reports, out-of-range reports, exemption change reports, etc.
- Develops, edits, and distributes training and presentation materials for executive management meetings and compensation program roll-outs.
- Prepares data files to upload to the HRIS module, as well as any other necessary HR software packages.
- Reviews requests for job analysis, including requests for new job titles or changes to existing jobs’ job descriptions, and approves changes if necessary.
- Regularly evaluates salary structure (including pay grades and ranges) and compensation policies; recommends changes based on salary survey data and internal equity.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or stock options.
- Advises management on compensation actions for employees.
- May assist less experienced peers in the Human Resources Department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of six to nine years of experience in Human Resources or a related field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Has a wide range of experience and able to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, project management, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Good understanding of HRIS systems.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Typical office setting, with environmentally controlled conditions.
- Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
- Complete quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Jack Henry - 23 months ago
Jack Henry & Associates (JHA) provides integrated in-house and outsourced software systems for data processing to some 12,000 banks,...