As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics has an opening for a Principal Information Engineer/Engineering Subject Matter Expert (PIE) that will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and analysis of specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that necessitate high-level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation. The PIE will participates as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
The PIE will work closely with the Program Manager and/or Task Manager to produce highly complex and sophisticated software often on multiple projects that span several groups. This position is a technical expert with in-depth programming and product knowledge and/or has strong technical skills. As a technical expert, provides high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solves complex problems.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Java certified developer, three (3) years of Agile Software development experience, and relevant experience in IT Systems.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard