Line of Service: Assurance
Industry: Risk Assurance
State & City: WA-Seattle
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 32315BR-10
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com/us) network of firms is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Our Assurance practice collaborates with clients, so that the financial information they report to the investing public and other stakeholders is clear and reliable. When we fulfill our role as Assurance professionals, by standing firm on quality and integrity, we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
The highly trained and educated Assurance teams go inside companies, and get to know those businesses. They ask questions, test assumptions, and provide assurance that the companies are reporting information on which investors and others can rely. Every assignment is an exciting opportunity to learn, to grow and to understand how businesses operate from all levels and perspectives.
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged to learn more in order to provide our clients with the highest quality services. This learning takes place through interaction on the job with colleagues and clients, formal training programs, and the insights provided by mentors and coaches. PwC is all about our people, encouraging high performance and quality. Join us and we will help you implement a successful career strategy, as you explore the many career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives. Globalization, evolving business models, upgraded IT systems, the changing regulatory environment and higher stakeholder expectations serve as a critical catalyst driving this heightened need to identify and address significant risks that could prevent a company from achieving its strategic objectives.
PwC understands that significant risk is rarely confined to discrete areas within an organization. Rather, most significant risks have a wide-ranging impact across the organization. As a result, PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess. The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company. Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
Risk Assurance Oracle will provide a broad range of assess and recommend services specific to the Oracle EBS, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft ("Oracle") and Oracle GRC platforms related to controls around the financial reporting process, including business process and IT management controls. The team provides multiple services related to security and controls assessment, design, recommendation and configuration of Oracle as well as Oracle GRC including:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to more effectively address risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
Position/Program Requirements:Knowledge Preferred:
- Assessing, recommending and configuring financial and operational controls around the Oracle application
- Pre- and post-implementation assurance reviews of an Oracle implementation/major upgrades
- Oracle project assurance services (including gate reviews)
- Application security and segregation of duties
- Assessing, recommending and configuration of Oracle GRC technologies
- Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and controls optimization services
- Utilization of existing Oracle functionality to replace / enhance manual controls
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of core financial modules, projects, some industry-specific modules and/or bolt-on products, and GRC technology, including familiarity with multiple versions of the Oracle applications (including PeopleSoft and/or JDE);
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of security and control (including configuration) for some of the Oracle and Oracle GRC applications and/or technologies;
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the design, implementation, and/or assessment of controls, including a significant understanding of the systems implementation lifecycle, including configuring and optimizing business process controls and application security.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of business processes related to core Oracle and Oracle GRC modules, including thorough knowledge of industry-specific modules/products and/or direct experience configuring and implementing within Oracle GRC environments.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist within a professional services firm or large enterprise, including interfacing with clients on control solutions and leading the planning and execution of projects.
Min Year Exp:
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, including the configuration of controls around security, business process and within the Oracle GRC module.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities collaborating with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in Oracle and Oracle GRC related implementations.
- Demonstrates thorough ability to adapt a work program and practice aid, as well as perform assessments, using PwC's proprietary or other relevant tools to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization.
- Demonstrates thorough project management skills in relation to Oracle projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities as a team leader by creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members. This includes providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client's business.
2 years of Oracle controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing.
Min Degree(s) and Certifications:
BA or BS in Accounting or Management Information Systems or business related field
PwC - 8 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...