Under the general supervision and direction of the Business Development Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Business Development Coordinator is responsible for meeting the practice and business development needs of the Energy and Global Transactions practice, as well as the marketing needs of the Texas offices. The Business Development Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Business Development Coordinator must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist with the preparation of business development presentations, briefings, new business proposals, RFP responses and daily newsletter. Maintain library of collateral materials and marketing information about the practices.
- Maintain current and accurate experience lists, matter descriptions, case studies and client lists for use in marketing and business development efforts.
- Maintain an accurate database of clients and other contacts to enable external communication.
- Assist with practice-, industry- and office-related sponsorships, events and memberships to facilitate the development of the practices. Specific tasks include coordinating the invitation and RSVP list, assist in preparing any invitation-related or event collateral, acting as on-site host and coordinating registration or tradeshow exhibit.
- Assist with the development and execution of marketing/business development strategies, plans and projects, including identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and targets, facilitating cross-selling initiatives, and participating on client-specific target teams.
- Coordinate with Communications team members to promote exposure of the practice and individual attorneys, as appropriate, and generally facilitate communication among and between the practices.
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; experience with InterAction, Tikit or Vuture, and Capital IQ a plus
- Strong work ethic and service orientation
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary
- Poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of related marketing experience, preferably in a law firm
- See, hear and speak
- Duties are performed using repetitive finger, hand and arm movements
- Duties require fine manipulation (typing)
- Duties require simple grasping (files, documents, telephone, writing instruments)
- Duties may require combinations of the above movements
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP - 12 months ago