Entry Level , Full Time , - , Customer Service , Customer Relations , Customer Relations
Brown Printing U.S.A. , Waseca , Minnesota ID: 229629
Gruner + Jahr
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE(S) OF POSITION To act as the primary customer
contact within Brown Printing Company from initial on-boarding
through billing. Additionally, the Customer Account Manager is
responsible for appropriately communicating customer requirements
and instructions to the manufacturing team, in accordance with
company policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
1. Performs all responsibilities with the customer’s best interest
in mind; overall helps support the Company culture of building
2. Coordinates Customer Care while customers are in plant,
including tours, press checks and entertainment.
3. Facilitates the On Boarding process in coordination with the
Client Business Analyst.
4. Facilitates Periodic Business Review in coordination with the
Client Business Analyst (if account qualifies).
5. Acts as the main point of internal communication to plant
personnel for customers.
6. Identifies and resolves day-to-day customer issues. Escalates to
the Client Business Analyst, as needed, for strategic resolution.
7. Solidifies the Annual Schedule for the customer and communicates
with Scheduling. Interfaces with the customer regarding Short Term
8. Generates Job Planning Instructions and takes responsibility for
Account Services Representative assistance in job planning.
9. Generates Distribution and Mail List Planning and guides Account
Services Representatives for assistance as needed.
10. Maintains accurate records of paper stock in BPC inventory in
order to avoid shortages or misplaced paper stock.
11. Works with Customer Account Manager and/or Customer contact to
ensure timely delivery of paper stock.
12. Provides Manufacturing & Distribution support
(non-technical) to the customer.
13. Acts as the point of contact with the Customer Advocate in
14. Acts as a source of information for Client Business Analyst and
shares customer insight with them.
15. Completes Estimate requests for existing customer work.
16. Makes customer credit decisions within the predetermined
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Acts as host to customers as required.
2. Complies with the company code of ethics and conduct.
3. Participates in and supports continuous improvement activities,
including training, improvement events and sharing of current
processes and best practices.
4. Follows established policies and procedures in completing job
responsibilities and accountabilities.
5. Maintains a safe work environment by complying with company
safety policies and procedures.
6. Maintains an acceptable record of work attendance.
7. Performs other duties and responsibilities as apparent and/or
QUALIFICATIONS/JOB SPECIFICATIONS The position qualifications and job specifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential and additional duties and responsibilities of this position. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze and evaluate an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to enhance customer relations by thoroughly understanding the customer and their business and communicating/educating plant personnel on the customer’s business and expectations. Communicates effectively as the single-point-of-contact for the customer. Effectively handles and deals with conflict and negotiates alternatives. Experience working with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet. Experience using DiMS! is helpful. Ability to sit for extended periods and may stand and/or walk for remaining time period of workday; occasionally bends/stoops, and/or squats; occasionally lifts and/or carries up to 24 pounds; has repetitive use of hands through keyboarding abilities; and expose to moderate noise levels. Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize tasks, and manage time, resources and multiple tasks effectively.
About our company:
Brown Printing Company proudly serves America's premier magazine publishers, catalogers and retailers with premedia, printing, distribution and value-added services. For over fifty years, we have valued the importance of customer service and quality printing combined with state of the art technology. These core values continue to be the foundation of our success. Brown's three modern production facilities are designed and equipped to facilitate your projects from preparation through distribution. We take extreme pride in our people and the innovative solutions we deliver. Brown's proven stability, world class quality, state of the art technology and superior customer service make Brown Printing the right partner for your printing needs.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/D/V.
Submit application to:
For more information, please visit our Web Site:
Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
- 2 years ago - save job