Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural, Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred. 3-5 years relevant experience required
Working knowledge of grain handling facilities required
Proficiency with applicable computer software packages including AutoCad, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
Knowledge of plant operations, maintenance and safety is a plus
Knowledge of design codes and government regulations affecting the industry including NFPA 36, OSHA and EPA is preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of two or more of the following types of facilities is a plus: Grain handling, Milling, & Oilseed processing
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and interest
Demonstrated organization and planning capabilities
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ablity to solve problems problems
Work as a leader or team member in a team environment
Approximately 25% travel
The Plant Engineer will be involved in the development, design and construction of new installations; modification of existing installations/assets; replacement or maintenance of existing equipment installations as required to meet performance expectations; maximize operating efficiencies and maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
The work will include performing in-house development and design along with coordination with corporate engineering, equipment vendors, service providers, contractors and outside consultants as necessary for successful project and/or task execution. This includes work associated with project development, project design, project proposals to plant and regional management and project execution. Equipment selection, procurement and construction contract administration are typical duties of the Plant Engineer.
- Conceptual design and feasibility studies for grain export facility associated with equipment maintenance, upgrades, new installations, etc.
- Cost estimating and project vetting
- Manage outside consulting engineers and coordinate project activities with facility operations and maintenance departments.
- Manage contractors tasked with completing approved projects
- Develop equipment specifications and prepare construction bid packages
- Scheduling and project cost control
- Problem solving and trouble shooting of existing plant equipment
- Submitting Project Authorizations for approval
- Assistance in daily maintenance activities
BUNGE - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Bunge North America (BNA) is the world's main squeeze. Its milling division, which operates five mills, is the largest corn dry miller...