How to Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the "Apply Now" button. To apply later, return to jobs.stvincent.org.
In addition, you may apply via one of the Employment Kiosks located in each of our St. Vincent Health facilities.
The Patient Access Representative registers patients for hospital services by collecting demographic and insurance information, explaining registration forms and processes, reviewing all forms for complete and accurate information, collecting co-pays and deductibles, answering questions, obtaining appropriate signatures, identifying and correcting any inaccuracies and collecting any necessary documentation. This position provides patients and/or families information relating to federal, state and hospital policies and procedures. The Patient Access Representative is also responsible for triaging cases, when appropriate, to financial counselors, supervisors or other necessary staff in order to complete registration. This position also performs general reception duties including greeting patients, responding to general questions, answering multiple phone lines and escorting patients.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1) Facilitates patient access to medical services by obtaining demographic, guarantor, and financial information, and providing customer information, collecting co-pays and deductibles, collecting appropriate documentation, correcting any misinformation, obtains and processes medical orders, identifying pre-certification issues in order to full register patients into hospital and to ensure compliance with governmental and hospital regulations.
2) Explains processes and form to patient and obtains signatures where necessary. Provides patients and/or families information relating to federal, state and hospital policies and procedures.
3) Determine needs for documentation, obtain appropriate documentation including proof of insurance, waivers, etc., secure patient signatures where necessary, reviews the patient packet of information for completion and distributes all materials to appropriate areas in order to fully register patients for hospital services.
4) Provides and coordinates basic financial support and guidance by financial screening, education and/or referrals, when needed for evaluation, to ensure that the financial commitment to the institution is arranged for the patient.
5) Responsible for general receptionist duties including greeting patients and families, orienting patients and visitors to the service area, responding to general questions, escorting patients and managing multiple phone lines.
6) Identifies complex registration or departmental issues and triages to appropriate staff member or leader in order to ensure problem resolution.
7) Identifies needs for assistance of other staff and contact parties (e.g., physician, chaplain etc.) if needed to fully meet customer needs; Participate in ongoing communication and collaboration with other departmental staff to ensure registration completion.
financial responsibility for patients
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One (1) year experience in medical setting dealing with insurance benefits or
- One (1) year experience in customer service
- Certification in Patient Access
- Education in or experience with medical terminology
- Experience in telephone customer service
- Experience in Patient Access and/or registration
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and keyboarding
As an equal opportunity employer, St.Vincent Health and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent Health and all its ministries are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent Health and its ministries do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have additional questions about your application process, you may contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
St. Vincent Health
- 2 years ago - save job