IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST CONTACT PERMANENT HEALTH OPPORTUNITIES DIRECTLY FOR PRESCREENING.
Candidate must have hemodialysis experience, for those without previous hemodialysis experience, please do not apply.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The individual in this role is accountable for planning, supervising and coordinating, for both in-patient and out-patient dialysis departments, all patient care activities and daily clinic operations in order to maintain a safe, efficient, financially responsible environment to provide the highest level of quality patient care. This individual manages hiring, staffing, disciplinary action, development and employment decisions related department staff. The Department Head executes and monitors the daily labor and supply utilization, and regulatory functions of the programs consistent with the State, Federal and Hospital guidelines. This individual provides oversight and outstanding leadership to the department staff and ensures compliance of all policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure patient care activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Execute protocols and quality initiatives to improve departmental and patient outcomes.
- Prepare monthly reports including but not limited to: labor analysis, revenue cycle, cost analysis, quality, regulatory, and operational.
- Acts as a liaison with all Hospital departments.
- Provide departmental management, effective communication, and leadership in the execution and direction of quality services to patients, staff and medical staff.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with staff, co-workers, physicians, and patients.
- Manage labor and supply utilization.
- Lead, coordinate, supervise, monitor, delegate and document all aspects of patient care activities.
- Collaborate with all disciplines, utilizing internal and external resources to provide optimum patient care.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of services to patients ensuring compliance in the performance of all aspects of patient care in accordance with policy and procedures, State and Federal guidelines.
- Oversee and direct all departmental staff to ensure adequate visual monitoring of patients by nursing and patient care staff during treatment.
- Ensure delivery of safe and efficient quality care.
- Manage patient and staff schedule to maintain optimum staff to patient ratios in accordance with departmental census, operational goals and regulations set forth by state and federal agencies.
- Support, understand and implement the philosophy, mission and policies of the center; implement and promote quality outcome initiatives and culture.
- Demonstrate competent knowledge of State and Federal ESRD regulations and center departmental, administrative, and financial and quality policy and procedures.
- Manage and ensure appropriate documentation of nursing process, Assessments and Plan of Care, admission and monthly progress notes, problem lists and medication updates. Ensure patient’s medical records are maintained in accordance with policy and regulatory agencies.
- Manage and direct all clinic patient care staff, licensed and unlicensed, (e.g. hiring, termination, evaluations, disciplinary process and reporting) within guidelines.
- Provide departmental leadership, training/delegation of training of new employees and ongoing education and training of all departmental staff.
- Serve as Supervisor of Medical Records.
- Manage implementation of quality assessment and improvement activities making recommendations based upon departmental and patient outcomes.
- Supervise and participate in center audits including QAPI, medical records, fire & safety and emergency preparedness.
- Oversee/serve as member of QAPI Committee and the ESRD Oversight Subcommittee.
- Implement patient and staff satisfaction surveys and report results to QAPI committee.
- Manage reporting of Network activities and complete reporting in a timely manner, which includes but is not limited to, payroll, census, Epogen log, and quality reporting.
- Review treatment log, medication and treatment audit and medication discrepancy reports to ensure accuracy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a Baccalaureate degree in business or nursing.
- Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of ESRD experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Must have demonstrated record of and commitment to safety; and dedication to excellence.
- Must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with other departments, staff members, patients and physicians.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as governing regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Basic knowledge of computers, Word Processing software and spreadsheets.
Indeed - 30+ days ago