Transportation Shift Leader – Des Moines, Iowa (Transportation Supervisor)
Come Join the Better Ingredients, Better Pizza Team!
Papa John's International, the world's third largest pizza company and recognized quality leader of the pizza category, has an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Shift Leader in our Garner, North Carolina manufacturing and production facility. The Transportation Shift Leader position is responsible for assisting in leading daily transportation operations and directing operations in the absence of the Transportation Team Leader.
What’ on the Menu:
- Assist with leadership and management responsibilities to include, but not limited to, dispatch and pre-dispatch briefings, payroll, PUC reporting, fuel usage tracking and dynamic routing.
- Supervise Delivery Specialists during routes, conduct pre and post route debriefs, conduct timely performance reviews and hold regularly scheduled team meetings, ensure Safety and Customer Service are the foundations of success.
- Assist in training new Delivery Specialists through the use of PJ Food Service SOP Manual. This may include facilitating training routes, assisting in unloading product, coaching proper product handling and training proper paperwork procedures, DOT logbooks, alarm and key procedures.
- Assist in daily activities of transportation team, including but not limited to backhauling and moving equipment between the Quality Control Center or equipment vendors and other suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and complete departmental records. • Interact with and assist other departments to accomplish efficient and timely delivery.
An equivalent combination of experience and training may substitute for any of the listed position qualifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and give direction verbally and in writing in English required.
- Dynamic Routing software experience preferred (Manhattan, Red Prairie, TMW, G-Log/Oracle).
- Basic skill with Windows based computer systems required.
- Knowledge of on-board tracking systems preferred.
- College education or business management development preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years progressive supervisory experience required, preferably in transportation.
- Must have knowledge of FMHA/DOT regulations and OSHA safety requirements.
- Valid CMV and Class A CDL certifications preferred.
- Acceptable MVR preferred.
- General accounting and/or payroll experience required.
- Must be able to be on call as needed.
If you are looking for a career in an international company, flavored with challenging work with a professional and highly motivated team, mixed with professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, look no further!
Papa John’s operates over 4,000 restaurants worldwide. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Please apply online at
Papa John’s is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
Papa John's - 15 months ago
Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and Domino's...