Builder Sales Manager - Philadelphia
As Builder Sales Manager, you will plan, organize and control activities to achieve the revenue goals for the assigned territory and create a pull demand for Simonton products with Builder targets.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and characteristics:
- Schedule proactive sales calls on a regular basis with Builders and Lumberyard accounts
- Solicit and conduct meetings with target builders, and staff to create a demand for Simonton products in the territory
- Work proactively with Lumberyard and Builder in training of key staff
- Maintain adequate supplies of all available sales literature, sales tools, and properly use all selling aids
- Review and analyze sales information and opportunity data on a weekly basis to be aware of customer activity, performance and market trends
- Maintain control of sales aid and co-op accounts to maximize effectiveness and stay within allotted accruals
- Proactively participate in builder associations, trade shows, open houses and other company/account activities
- Assist as needed on service-related issues and have (acquire) the ability to handle basic service needs
- Report marketing activities, sales opportunities and competitive strategy back to Regional Sales Manager
- Prepare forecast of anticipated sales volume by key existing and target builders and submit annually to Regional Sales Manager
- Prepare budgeted information as it pertains to that salesman’s cost center and related expenses and submit annually
- Participate in the development of sales training programs and in the training of new sales personnel as requested
- Travel as required
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Excellent selling and persuasion skills
- Detail oriented
- Committed to customer service and quality
- Strong work ethic, leadership and management skills
- Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships that result in achievement of sales and operations objectives.
- Strong prospecting and lead generation skills
- Successfully manages customer expectations.
- Solid business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills are required
- Ability to hear what the customer is saying and translate into actions that address customer needs
- Strong time management, planning and organizational abilities
Simonton Windows is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- A minimum of three years direct builder sales experience is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is also required
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686 ) or visit www.simonton.com.
Simonton Windows - 20 months ago