The incumbent will be a member of the Investment Operations team and will support the operational and administrative needs of the Investment Management Company.
Manage administrative process for the Alternative Equity Mailbox (investment group electronic mailbox). Read and analyze each email received, determine recipient and determine appropriate action.
Maintain Contact Data and Document System
- Distribute and process emails to appropriate staff, with attention to detail
- Upload documents into Front Office (internal data management system)
- Download documents from websites and load into Front Office
- Print and distribute monthly reports for investment staff
Serve as receptionist for the WUIMC. Meet and greet office visitors, manage use of conference room, open, sort and distribute mail to department staff and other miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Input marketing and potential investment documents into the system
- Update contact information
Update WUIMC team calendars and schedule meetings with external Investment Managers, Software vendors, Transition managers, etc., as well as internal constituents.
Maintain and update the WUIMC website
Handle correspondence and other general secretarial duties as assigned by CIO and WUIMC staff. Assist in assembling and distributing Board materials and annual report.
Serve as back-up for other administrative staff.
Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma plus three years of administrative experience.
- Experience using Word, Excel, Outlook (or electronic email) and Power Point.
- Have excellent administrative and data management skills, verbal and written communication skills, and time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Power point.
- Detail oriented and able to work multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people in varying levels of responsibility
- Professional demeanor, particularly on the telephone and when greeting visitors.
- The ability to work as a team member to accomplish a broad variety of tasks with high visibility and high-pressure deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and work efficiently to see that all assigned tasks in all areas are accomplished.
- Prior work in an investment office or other professional services location.
- Associates degree in business and college course work in the area of finance and accounting.
The hiring range for this position is $15.15 - $19.31 per hour.
Washington University Investment Management Company (WUIMC) oversees the investment of the University’s endowment, one of the top 20 endowments in the country. The WUIMC team is located in Clayton, Missouri and currently consists of 13 personnel in five areas – asset allocation & risk management, public markets, private markets, hedged strategies, and investment operations-plus support staff.
The position requires that a successful candidate work in a fast paced high volume environment.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Washington University offers a variety of benefits:
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Other Benefits
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...