Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field. Minimum of five years experience in clinical nursing or related field and three years quality improvement experience. Project management, team leading and facilitation skills required. Candidates must possess a high level of energy as well as a strong commitment to excellence and process improvement. The ability to demonstrate critical thinking and ethical behaviors is required. Self-motivation and professional attitudes are essential. PC software skills in word processing (Word), spreadsheet (Excel), and presentations (Power Point) are essential. Additional computer skills in database, statistical process control applications, decision support systems, comparative and benchmarking skills, process mapping (Visio), and project management (Microsoft Project Manager) preferred. Complete Presbyterian quality training or Green Belt certification within 18 months of employment.
Requires in-depth knowledge of health care quality management, a working knowledge of clinical practice and expert knowledge of data and statistical analysis and presentation. Demonstrates knowledge of team development and participatory management skills. Knowledge of state, federal regulations, Joint Commission accreditation standards preferred. Must also demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Primary Job Functions
- Provides leadership and assures continual performance improvement in QA / QI activities for service lines while furthering the vision, values and strategies of PHS.
- Facilitates integrated Quality Management through collaboration with management and clinical staff; identifying and resolving conflicts between people, systems, and procedures limiting performance.
- Serves as active member on related Quality and Service Committees
- Assists with analysis of pertinent clinical quality data, identifies critical performance issues, and facilitates measurement of performance metrics
- Serves as resource regarding quality theory and practice, and recommends process modifications and practice changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of clinical processes and systems.
- Maintains ongoing communication with service line leaders regarding status of performance measures, clinical initiatives, projects, and improvement opportunities to ensure quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Leads and/or supports clinical improvement projects utilizing appropriate quality, process improvement, and project management tools
- Utilizes principles of quality improvement to improve efficiency, quality and overall performance of clinical initiatives, providing direction in achieving and sustaining the highest standards of performance for the assigned service line clinical outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet project deadlines, and manage multiple customer relationships using workplans, timelines, and project measures for all projects.
- Promotes PHS system-wide strategies and compliance with PHS policies and standards, adopted accreditation standards and federal / state regulator requirements.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 2 years ago