This position is for 2 hours at 126 dyas.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing required.
If you are a current employee please apply through the "Internal" link found at the top of this page (this does not include substitutes).
This position's responsibilities are to set up for and to serve meals, and to clean up serving and kitchen areas.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Child Nutrition Helper may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Assists in preparation of various food items.
2. Sets up serving carts and warming ovens for serving meals to provide nutrition for educational achievement.
3. Fills condiment containers; sets up utensils, napkins, trays and other serving items before food arrives. May assist in panning of prepared food.
4. Serves meals to students and staff; serves appropriate quantities; presents food attractively; assists students in assembling meals on trays.
5. Cleans and wipes down serving and meal areas between meal periods; refills containers and serving items.
6. Assists in placing food in serving carts and oven according to proper food handling procedures.
7. Cleans carts, tables and other food serving areas after meal periods; stores equipment.
8. Cleans refrigerator, storage areas, grills, deep fryers, shelves and other areas regularly.
9. Moves into serving cook position when necessary.
10. May assist in ordering food and supplies.
11. Collects and launders kitchen linen and other items.
12. May perform cashier duties as needed.
13. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
14. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Reports to the Director of Child Nutrition. Receives guidance from the Cook Manager.
Performs under strict meal deadlines; required to time task for completion in proper sequence; required to anticipate quantities and order for cost efficiency and proper storage.
Exposed to heat from ovens, burners and steam trays; potentially exposed to ordinary infectious diseases carried by students; exposed to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with moving parts; required to stand for prolonged periods; required to move heavy supplies weighing up to fifty (50) pounds and full pans of food; exposed to noise from kitchen equipment and students at meals; required to wear protective clothing; required to assist students by cleaning meal spills. Passage of a pre-placement physical and testing is required of this position (the district will assume the cost).
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, with experience serving food desirable; experience working with school age children desirable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to follow directions and procedures. Knowledge of proper food handling techniques. Knowledge of food service safety and sanitation. Ability to serve appropriate quantities and present food attractively. Ability to meet offer vs. serve meal pattern requirements. Ability to account for food service items. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and staff.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan. Washington state food handler's permit.
Bethel School District - 2 years ago