NRG is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. A Fortune 500 company, NRG is a pioneer in developing cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers: whether as one of the largest solar power developers in the country, or by building the first privately funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure or by giving customers the latest smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. Our power generating facilities can support over 20 million homes and our retail electricity providers—Reliant, Green Mountain Energy Company and Energy Plus—serve more than two million customers. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com or Like Us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter .
Duties & Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates technical information on the condition of plant chemical-related processes/equipment to management and other technical personnel
- Supports chemical-related troubleshooting activities on power plant systems and equipment
- Ensures Company resources are used in a cost-effective manner
- Supports and emphasizes the importance of safety and environmental programs and ensures regulatory compliance
- Operates lab equipment and performs chemical analysis and calculations
- Participates in continuous improvement planning and implementation in area of responsibility
- Recognizes problems and is proactive in helping to resolve them
- Collects process and environmental samples to support plant production and regulatory compliance
- Collects data and monitors performance of plant chemical treatment systems
- Supports chemical cleaning activities if required
- Performs relief of chemical personnel at various locations if required
- Basic knowledge of chemistry principles, laboratory techniques, and lab equipment operation.
- Ability to understand the effects of chemical analysis results on plant operations.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations
- Ability to fix equipment
- Ability to use a personal computer and associated software applications to enter and evaluate data and create reports
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written)
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals
- Ability to perform as a team member or leader in a cross-functional team environment and achieve consensus decisions
- Ability to use basic math and algebra to perform calculations
- Ability to read, create and follow written procedures and technical documents
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to connect and disconnect equipment and perform minor adjustments on test/lab equipment
- Basic understanding of the processes, systems, assets, resources, key personnel and business functions of the SBU
NRG Energy - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
NRG is leading customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the...