Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the IV/Infusion Technician is responsible for preparing pharmaceuticals for pharmacist’s approval and assumes responsibilities involving receiving, entering, processing, and maintaining orders in the computer system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Adhere to all pertinent local, state, and federal pharmacy regulations.
• Perform sanitation and maintenance of the clean room area.
• Perform sanitation, maintenance, and tracking of infusion equipment.
• Perform pharmaceutical infusion compounding activities.
• Participate in pharmacy quality control and performance improvement activities.
• Perform pharmacy inventory control.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
• Full job description available upon request.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Registered Pharmacy Technician in the state of Florida is required.
• Nationally Certified with the PTCB is preferred.
• At least one (1) year previous IV pharmacy technician experience.
• Successful completion of the Omnicare IV/Infusion Technician Training Program is preferred.
• Previous LTC pharmacy or hospital setting experience preferred.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Ability to work independently, meets deadlines, establish priorities, and be flexible.
• Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when imputing information.
• Possess knowledge of drug names - generic and brand.
• Ability to recognize subtle differences in names and numbers.
M-F 7pm - 3:30am with rotating weekends
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare Equal Employment Opportunity
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 23 months ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...