WV - Charleston
Store Support Center-Corporate
2 - 5 years
Provide training expertise to Franchisees and other corporate learners to ensure they are able to meet 7-Eleven standards for store level operational execution. Success in this role is defined by the ability to provide instruction, guidance, direction, coaching, feedback and support regarding implementation of 7-Eleven's business strategies, programs and training initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Facilitates up to 10 learners at one time
- Use communication, coaching and feedback skills to deliver training programs to ensure learners attain competency in the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver exemplary customer service as described in the 7-Eleven Five Fundamentals and Strategy map; and to maximize sales and profitability in their store.
- Conduct all aspects of LEI approved training programs including scheduling, delivery of materials, facilitation and evaluation of learners.
- The following programs are a sample, but not exhaustive list of all programs the FTS will be expected to deliver: Operations Excellence/Franchisee Training, In Store Experience, Financial Management, Career Path, and Various compliance programs, Initiate discussion and provide feedback (both written and verbal) throughout the training program.
- Communicate to appropriate departmental representatives within approved timeframe.
- Operations and Franchisee Training
o Coordinate learners activities in the TC and in the training store deliver ILT as needed and facilitate discussions
o Monitor learners' course maps to ensure they are on track with completing course
o Perform skill checks
o Provide feedback and coaching
- Preps and coaches training store manager and staff to support OET program.
- Work with Operations Training Manager to evaluate the effectiveness of training using the Kirkpatrick's 4-Levels of Evaluation.
- Ensure all training programs and materials reflect local laws, policies and procedures.
- Maintain, distribute and order training materials to ensure materials are available when needed. Perform administrative duties regarding the determination of training needs as well as scheduling and tracking training progress of learners.
- Provide an excellent training experience by providing prompt, efficient and courteous responses and interaction with the learners.
- Motivate store team and learners to increase sales and ensure efficiency to promote good customer relations.
- Maintain the training center to standards and immediately addresses issues in the training center or training store with ops team.
- Collaborate with training store manager/FC/MM to motivate store staff to execute all processes to standards.
- Respond to learners' concerns in a professional manner.
- Serve as a role model for store staff and learners on good customer service, effective customer complaint resolution, executing bank policies to standard and all quality and cleanliness processes.
- Partner with training store manager to hold staff accountable for consistently performing good customer service.
- Responsible for the management of their Training Center: assets are secured and accounted for; facility is maintained to standards according to Training Center Scorecard.
- Provides recommendations to SSC regarding current and future locations.
- Secure training center and equipment.
- Manage expenses for training centers per guidelines from OTM.
- Effectively and accurately responds to questions from learners on budget, financial and asset management topics.
- Provide input to OTM on training sites and equipment issues and concerns
- Actively engage the Training Store staff and market staff to ensure all training locations meet or exceed standards according to the Training Center Scorecard.
- Roll up training related concerns and/or suggestions from operations to OTM.
- Actively maintain open and regular communication with Franchise, Real Estate and Operations to schedule franchisee training and changeover.(Due to flexibility in new OET program this is a more complex/critical process.)
- Provide changeover support as required.
- Monitor progress of corporate employees; SMTS/FCTs/MMTs while in store experience/OET and provide feedback to HRM/OTMs/operations.
- Provide feedback to OTM regarding training content and procedures.
- Lead by example by demonstrating Servant Leadership to both internal employees and all learners in training.
- Provide feedback to training store manager/FC regarding store staff performance and execution of store processes.
- Assess learners and communicate with RE and/or Franchising if learner is having issues or at risk of disqualifying.
- Collaborate with RE and/or Franchising to communicate to at risk learners.
- Assist OTM in coaching and development of training team.
- Conduct all activities according to the 7-Eleven Way and 7-Eleven’s Servant Leadership model. Develop others to model the capacity, commitment, and character to lead as defined in the 7-Eleven Servant Leadership
- Model and hold self and others to high ethical standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: Bachelors/4-Yr Degree, CISE, OET
- Experience: 2-4yrs, Operations, Coaching
- Effective Feedback.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to clearly communicate training program material.
- Ability to effectively evaluate skill and performance level for store-related, technological, and training-related activities and provide effective feedback.
- Certification for In-Store Experience (CISE) and Operations Excellence Training (OET) will be required for internal candidates or immediately following on-boarding for external candidates.
- Proven time management skills and multi-task required to manage multiple learners at varying stages of training.
- Must be proficient in the use of Ms Office Applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Office.)
Kneeling, Stooping, Walking, Standing, Bending, Repetitive Motion, Floor To Waist Requirements: Up to 50 lbs., Waist To Shoulder Requirements: Up to 50 lbs., Overhead Requirements: 20-25 lbs., Carry 20 feet requirements: Up to 50 lbs.
7-Eleven - 13 months ago
"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American...