Information Technology Operations (ITO) is a key function within Data Center Operations. Our vision is to utilize best practices to transform ITO into a highly agile organization that provides superior customer service, seizes growth opportunities and reacts to the demands of regulators and competitive pressures. This will allow ITO to increase efficiencies and control costs in order to remain the technology vendor of choice for the Charles Schwab Corporation
Brief Description of Role:
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving and the ability to quickly learn new concepts.
- This position is a technical leadership role as well as a technical 'go to' resource for operations, engineering, and management staff.
- The chosen candidate will become a trading subject matter expert who will know the end-to-end operational design and methodology behind the entire trading environment.
- Previous experience administering mission critical application environments that require 100% uptime is preferred.
- Strong customer advocate and continuous process improvement focus is a must.
- The candidate must possess demonstrated senior-level skills in a multi-tiered, multi-OS environment supporting a highly available, high transaction volume application running on a Windows platform.
- The candidate must be able to interact with all levels of technical and managerial staff and will have proven leadership abilities and display excellent skills in understanding problem determination and service restoration.
- He/she must be able to succeed in high stress and challenging environment while building strong relationships with technical and business support groups.
- The successful candidate will be expected to drive problem resolution; lead and facilitate technical conference calls, recommend/contribute in technology solutions, and understand the end to end operational methodology of Schwab's trading systems.
- Another key success factor for this candidate is building skills in co-workers through cross-training and mentoring, taking every interaction as an opportunity to learn or teach.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems while evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other senior technical leaders of the organization is required.
- The work schedule for this position is Monday-Thursday -12:30 PM MST to 11:00 PM MST
- He/she will have a minimum of 8-10 years progressive experience supporting highly available, mission critical environments. Demonstrated ability to understand multiple technologies and how they inter-relate and integrate.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting Red Hat Linux systems.
- Expert knowledge of Windows architecture design principles in multi-tiered .NET infrastructure is required.
- Knowledge of IIS/Web services in a load balanced Active Directory global infrastructure is also essential as is networking skills in TCP/IP; DNS and traffic flows.
- In-depth support knowledge of one or more of Charles Schwab's custom business and customer facing application channels is preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Clustering Services / High availability systems
- Experience with security and system hardening
- Experience with thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe
- Experience with Antivirus programs, Spam Filters, and Web monitoring
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability and passion to lead and mentor others
- Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms
- Internet and hardware technologies such as load balancers, firewalls, clustering, encryption devices or accelerators
- Detailed knowledge of operating systems or components such as transaction processing, asynchronous implementation and load balancing is a plus
- Heterogeneous operating environments emphasizing Windows and Linux
Charles Schwab - 12 months ago
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...