Senior Interconnect Comp. Engineer and Change Management Leader
The Senior Interconnect Component Engineer is responsible for supporting design engineering and procurement in the strategic selection, specification, and supplier identification of headers and connection components for new designs. The engineer is the technical expert to lead the analysis of failed components from validation testing, manufacturing, and the field. The engineer also leads the component change management process for North America based electrical components.
- Develop global electrical interconnect strategies that support electrical component architecture, design delivery, and innovation.
- Research, evaluate and approve new components and suppliers.
- Analyze Component datasheets and verify electrical and mechanical characteristics meet client company needs.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation plans for high risk solutions.
- Develop and document qualification standards.
- Lead component construction analysis using internal and/or external laboratories.
- Support component failure analysis and/or coordination with suppliers.
- Support and drive global standardization of component engineering processes.
- Manage Approved Manufacturers List (AML).
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, advanced degree highly desired
- 5+ years experience working in Interconnection System or Component Engineering
- Automotive and/or industrial electrical interconnection engineering experience
- Harness or connection system manufacturing experience
- Component failure analysis experience.
- Material science knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization and maintain a standard of world class process excellence.
- Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a team player.
- Ability to lead small work groups.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability
Global Career Connection - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard