Performs repairs and maintenance on alternative fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job # 4426
- Diagnoses mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, and hydraulic system. Diagnoses and repairs tires according to Tire Maintenance Standards.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on alternate fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
- Examines protective guards and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Estimates time and materials required for repairs.
- Diagnoses issues and makes repairs using Service Manuals.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Either (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 1 year of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance; OR (2) 4 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance.
- Valid driver license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics.
- ASE certificate(s).
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge, skill and ability to inspect, diagnose and repair suspensions, brake systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and tires.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Customer Service – Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers. Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers.
- Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Republic Services policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Learning Ability – Readily acquires knowledge and skill in concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Services’ safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems. Determines root causes of failures and chooses the best repair option.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, earplugs, gloves, hardhat, respirator, safety glasses, work boots, and safety vest.
- Hand tools including, but not limited to, hammer, screwdriver, and wrenches.
- Vehicles including, but not limited to, bobcat, forklift, pick up truck, tire truck and parts truck.
- Machines including, but not limited to, drill press engine hoist, floor jacks, grinders, presses and welders.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes.
- Exposure to residential, industrial and commercial waste.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises
- Occasional lift / carry 125 pounds 1-2 feet.
- Frequently lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
- Push / pull up to 100 pounds force.
- Occasional sitting, ladder climbing, overhead reaching, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
- Frequent standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping, and firm grasping.
- Constant forward reaching and simple grasping.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...