DTC Communications is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Linux Systems Administrator to join our IT team. The Linux Systems Administrator will assist with the deployment, management, and maintenance of Linux servers and workstations. This position will also work with our managed services team, network developers, and IT staff in the discovery, development, deployment and support of our customer’s networks.
- Hardware/software configuration and management
- Provide system failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts using a variety of tools
- Develop and analyze complex system standards, thresholds and make recommendations to maximize system performance
- Monitor MySQL database maintenance and performance, provide appropriate recommendations when necessary
- Coordinate with IT Supervisor on proposals involving highly complex system administration projects
- Provide technical solutions and escalated support for a variety of technical issues
- Work collaboratively with other technical personnel as appropriate
- 4+ years Linux systems administration experience
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e. tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute)
- Systems administration-level knowledge of HTTP/Apache, DNS/BIND, SSH, SNMP, NFS, Perl and/or Shell, Orion, XenServer, MySQL, Java, Caching Technologies, PHP, Virtualization, NetApp storage or related NAS products
- Experience with Servers and Services in a high availability/redundant environment
- Experience with cloud based and virtual servers and applications
- Advanced experience with performance tuning, package installation, patch management updates, network and server management issues
- A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, fast growth environment
- Excellent communication skills
DTC Communications, established in 1951, is a progressive communications company offering a broad range of services including voice, broadband internet, cellular, IPTV, and security systems in Middle Tennessee.
DTC offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Successful candidate must be willing to report to DeKalb County, TN.
Please submit resume and cover letter no later than December 19, 2012.
DeKalb County, TN
Indeed - 6 months ago
DTC Communications designs and manufactures miniature wireless audio and video communication products for the global law enforcement and mil...