The Sr. Analyst Analyst Strategic Marketing (SAASM) will report to the Director of Strategic Marketing and be responsible for leading and executing a variety of complex analytical exercises that provide the team with high-quality quantitative deliverables that will aid business decision making and enable interpretation of current, past and future performance and investment decisions.
The SAASM will be expected to understand and enhance business decision making, strategic planning, and continuous monitoring of key market assumptions. The output of these exercises will directly assist senior leadership in gaining complete perspective and understanding of business performance as well as industry, market, competitor, channel and customer behaviors. This analysis will directly impact decision making and overall business planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The SAASM be responsible for the development, delivery and general management of complex business analytics and modeling supporting key programs including:
- Procedure volume, SAM / TAM market analytics and data management;
- ICD-9 / DRG Reimbursement analytics, statistics and data management;
- Clinical and Economic Evidence analytics and data management;
- Value Proposition analytics and data management;
- Key Project Performance Metrics – internal and external development, tracking and progress reporting.
- Develop dynamic and highly impactful methods of data delivery and provide critical and insightful data interpretation. Create, manage and continuously improve the delivery of this information to team and cross-functional partners. [internal and external];
- Effectively and efficiently develop analytical models that include but are not limited to supporting the business strategic planning process, business forecasting, initiative outcome management, market analysis / trends, financial performance and budgeting as relevant to all market development initiatives. Provide insight for the creative use and delivery of these models and analysis in support of the business;
- Recognize the entrepreneurial nature of team and deploy necessary and appropriate tools to improve and maintain agility, business management, decision making and proactive visibility to trends and underlying drivers;
- Establish on-going analytical support for business decision making processes;
- Provide counsel and insight on the use of all available data including but not limited to, business planning, forecasting, market research, competitive intelligence, market analysis, trends and product launches;
- Establish the necessary quality and business process standards to ensure high quality data sources and accurate analytical outcomes.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and SUCCESS CRITERIA:
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, but also thrive independently with limited supervision
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrated ability to work with and lead individuals in a wide variety of functional areas and levels of management
- Exceptional analytical skills and business acumen
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, with strong, proven analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills ·
- Prior financial analysis experience preferred
- Working knowledge of business development/valuation analytical tools preferred
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced analytical capabilities used in conjunction with finance, budgeting & forecasting
- Uncompromising focus on high quality, creative, dynamic and innovative analytics
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of business forecasting, forecasting tools
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Director, Strategic Marketing
Bachelor Science in Business or related function
Advanced degree preferred
3-5 years of experience plus an advanced degree (or 5-8 years of experience without advanced degree)
Medical industry experience preferred
Advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint a must
Prior direct experience in a business analytics, category management or marketing analytics role
Large firm Audit / Risk / Tax / Advisory / Consulting Experience preferred
Covidien - 2 years ago
As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering spirit,...