Beachhead Studio, Activision's newest developer located in Santa Monica and Foster City, is seeking exceptional user experience designers who have a passion for innovative and creative interactive web and mobile design and are looking to grow their careers. Beachhead Studio is a relatively small team of strong, collaborative talent who are passionate about video game development and working on large scale web and mobile services, catering to one of the largest gaming communities, Call of Duty!
Beachhead develops Call of Duty ® ELITE, the all-new digital and platform service for the Call of Duty franchise. Call of Duty ® ELITE supports in-game integration and brings online experiences and console play together for the first time. For additional information about ELITE, visit www.callofduty.com/elite and www.beachheadstudio.com .
The Senior UX Designer will own certain features on ELITE and become the go-to person for those features, so concepting, specking, writing and scheduling play a big part. This person will also collaborate closely with the visual designers and front-end developers to design and implement new features while updating and refreshing current ones. The Senior UX Designer is also responsible for ensuring quality and providing mentorship to other team members.
If you have some of these skills, apply today!
- Gather business, interface, and data structure requirements for interactive Web, Mobile, Tablet, and Console applications.
- Work within the house Design and User Experience team to define interactive experiences.
- Collaborate and work with mixed teams (IA, Visual Design, Front-End Development, Vendors) to deliver web site enhancements on time and to spec.
- Prepare paper prototypes and click-through demos of key application interface functionality.
- Produce design artifacts for project deliverables, such as annotated mock-ups, wireframes, user interface elements and interaction workflows.
- Incorporate site analytics and customer feedback and apply them intelligently into iterative design solutions.
- Bring projects from concept to realization - doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- Expertise of accurately creating and managing task tickets on Jira or any other project management tool.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- 3+ years of professional web application design experience with an emphasis on interaction, and visual design.
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle (lived through multiple launches)
- Design background and Photoshop capabilities a plus.
- Solid understanding of the capabilities of Web browsers across multiple platforms, and the constraints involved in designing for online media
- Familiarity with Mobile and Console Applications a plus
- Voracious appetite for all things Web; if it is happening, you already know about it.
- Ability to communicate or prototype transitions and animations within the user interface.
- Have the adaptability and perseverance to produce multiple rounds of designs in pursuit of the most user-friendly solution.
- Expect to engage in an ongoing healthy debate about design vs. user experience.
- Passion for solving interactive problems and finding the easiest, simplest way for users to get from point A to Z.
- A skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback.
Gamasutra - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard