Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Specialist to support our team in our LaVergne, TN headquarters. This role will be responsible for producing all Ingram Company payrolls processed by IDMI and oversees these bi-weekly payroll processes with minimal managementsupervision. This person will initiate ACH outgoing file transmissions, NYL Funding and validation, prepares A/P garnishment and tax uploads, prepares multi-state tax returns, makes accurate and timely tax deposits, processes various general ledger activities for the ICG and client companies, manages all balance adjustments to various earnings and deductions in PeopleSoft payroll. Additional responsibilities include conducting various validation processes utilizing PeopleSoft queries and maintaining KRONOS hardware and software and conducts KRONOS system postings.
Essential Duties for this position:
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Oversees and processes the bi-weekly payrolls for multiple Ingram companies
- Processes the KRONOS Timekeeping system postings for all Ingram companies.
- Assures the KRONOS system (hardware and software) is operational 24/7 inclusive of special handling processes for holiday and calendar year-end; assures appropriate system security; conducts system testing as needed; receives, assembles and installs time and gate clocks; conducts monthly user training sessions.
- Initiates, manages and validates system generated processes including ACH (direct deposit and Federal/State tax deposits), Positive Pay files transmissions, New York Life Reconciliation/Funding, EFT Tax & Garnishment Funding, Accounts Payable Garnishment & Tax Payment Process, W2 Audit Process (validate Federal Tax Deposits), Benefit Deductions (Health Flex, Dependent Care, Critical Care), and Source of Percent Contributions (SOPC) File (401K contributions and 401K loans).
- Prepares and submits Federal, State and Local Tax Returns and tax payments.
- Coordinates a large quantity of monthly reconciliations of General Ledger inclusive of tax (federal, state, and local), NYL and misc (garnishments, dependent care, general deductions).
- Performs various accounting functions to client Payroll and Accounting Departments such as GL Interface, Journal Copies, and Payroll Charges.
- Assures accuracy of PeopleSoft through entry and analysis of various balance adjustments including insurance refunds, garnishment refunds, tax adjustments, and 401k adjustments.
- Remits accurately all garnishments and court compliance. Communicates effectively to the courts, set-ups associate deductions, verifies and activates accurate garnishment rules and assures compliance within PeopleSoft payroll.
- Coordinates the unclaimed pay check process including providing the Tax Department with accurate information along with copies of the due diligence letters for all companies.
- Coordinates electronic storage of payroll documents and record retention.
- Responds to requests for payroll information by various associates including all levels of management and various outside sources such as, taxing authorities.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years minimum experience in processing payroll in an automated environment
- 5 year prior general accounting and payroll tax and garnishment filing experience
- 5 year prior automated timekeeping system experience
- 1 year intermediate experience in MS Word and 1 year advanced experience in Excel including creating mathematical formulas and data manipulation
CPP or similar certification strongly preferred
- Payroll processing functions for a medium to large sized multi-state organization
- Prior experience working with various payroll system platforms including Kronos (AS400 v 5.0), PeopleSoft 9.1
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V We participate in EVerify.
Ingram Content Group - 23 months ago
If you are reading a book, Ingram Content Group is probably behind it. Ingram is the leader in helping content reach its destination...