University of California, Office of the President
Salary commensurate with experience
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20130068
Under the direction of the Supervisor, UNIX/Linux Engineering, the Senior Linux Engineer is an individual contributor and a senior technical member of the UNIX/Linux Engineering work unit. The position provides expertise in configuring, implementing, supporting and administering Linux infrastructure solutions. The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for the overall systems security of the Linux infrastructure, server patch management services and system management and administration.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- At least seven (7) years experience administering, supporting, and implementing large scale Linux server systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server).
- Experience and knowledge of Linux server implementation and integration at an enterprise level. Intermediate to Expert level experience with Puppet, CFengine, RHN/SUSE Satellite Server, Perl/Python scripting, Centrify, and Nagios. Experience should include server design, support and implementation.
- Experience with server and storage - setup, performance monitoring, maintenance and support ie. hardware issues, disk errors, etc.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing complex file transfer mechanisms, including use of SFTP, FTPS, and SSH.
- Knowledge of enterprise workload automation/batch processing tools (e.g. BMC Control-M)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting in a production server, 24/7, change-managed, multi-platform environment and with cross-platform integration.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware virtualization technologies and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform competently under pressure and handle interruptions and change without losing productivity.
- Oral communications skills, which demonstrates the ability to effectively convey and explain information and tactfully deal with diverse people, situations and ideas.
- Excellent written communications skills, which demonstrate the ability to draft clear, concise specifications and documentation for the team as well as internal process documentation and end user FAQ's.
- Demonstrated experience in a lead project role and with project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer support at the enterprise level.
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the University of California Office of the President’s Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of California UCOP - 12 months ago