Director of IT
Apply To This Job
Return To List
We are currently seeking a business-focused Director of Information Technology. The Director of IT will be responsible for the worldwide operations of the corporate IT infrastructure at LogMeIn including the domestic locations in Woburn, MA and Wichita, KS; international sales offices located in Amsterdam, London, Dublin and Sydney, Australia; a development office in London, and the Company’s main development centers located in Budapest and Szeged, Hungary.
- Managing Staff: Ownership of leading, coaching and developing the IT Operations team; Client Services Team; and the Global Telecom Manager. Total IT staff is 10 and is distributed in the Company’s US and European offices
- Setting goals for team and providing direction and coaching to Internal IT staff.
- Provides strategic leadership in the design and implementation of IT systems and processes in computer and communication hardware, operating system software and productivity tools.
- Interfacing with company leadership to translate business requirements into effective, scalable IT solutions
- Manage complex projects and initiatives, which significantly impact business results and require a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination. For example,
- Plan and execute a migration of critical infrastructure from office to datacenter
- Understanding Massachusetts data security and privacy laws and SOX compliance requirements and implementing solutions that meet business requirements as well as compliance obligations
- Planning and execution of opening other LogMeIn offices, domestic & international
- Migration from Exchange 2007 CCR to an Exchange 2010 distributed, HA environment
- Plan and execute on a strategy of mobility, including BYOD in a highly collaborative, technically creative environment while maintaining security and flexibility
- Manage day to day operations of internal IT infrastructure where high performance and operational uptime are expected
- Manage the financial aspects of Information Technology, including but not limited to formulating and managing budgets and maximizing of ROI and capital expenditures
- Work within a multi-site, global organization located in multiple countries/continents
- 7-10 years relevant experience, at least three (3) years directing staff of IT professionals.
- Experience managing a remote staff and international locations is a plus.
- Cisco voice/data certifications and/or experience a huge plus.
- Must have strong verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex, technical ideas and solutions to non-technical people
- Extensive knowledge in WAN networking concepts and technologies including MPLS, IPSec VPNs, BGP, etc.
- Operating Systems: MS 2003/2008 Server, Windows 7, Macintosh OS X, vSphere 4/5.x
- Telephony Systems: Cisco Unified Communications 8.x w/UCCX, Nortel BCM 400/450, VoIP, SIP.
- Core Networking Concepts: Routers/Switches/Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, IPSec, RPC over HTTPS, MPLS, VLANs.
- Storage Concepts: DAS, NAS, SAN; ISCSI and NFS in a heavily Virtualized Environment.
- Demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, exhibit strong profit orientation, and have the ability to achieve results through leadership of others.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical
- Some international travel (quarterly) required to manage Budapest IT staff and requirements.
Apply To This Job
LogMeIn - 13 months ago