Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
I choose Opportunity
. Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 159,000 people in 68 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business.
Cargill's meat business, headquartered in Wichita, KS, is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Regional Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and has processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Beef believes being
an industry leader is about more than delivering the
highest-quality products and service. It’s about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Cargill has an opportunity available for a
Rendering General Supervisor
. The Rendering General Supervisor is a day shift position and will manage all functional aspects of three shift plant rendering operations. The position will be responsible for managing rendering assets, employees, business direction, EHS programs, quality programs, people development, manufacturing costs, and capital expenditures. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for supervising or assuring all employees are working safely, using approved equipment and safe work procedures. Addresses all safety and environmental concerns and incidents to resolution.
- Training /education, communications with and responding to the individuals needs of employees. Cross training employees on various job tasks in the area.
- Reviews previous day's production and current day's production specifications.
- Schedules employees daily to meet production needs and adjusts to meet needs and conditiond for customer orders and specifications.
- Assures the quality, quantity and appearance meet company standards and all food safety measures to meet customer requirements.
- Meeting with associates to PMP goal standards are met and development objectives are defined.
- Ensure operational adjustments are communicated and adjustments made to accommodate schedules as needed.
- Collaborate with support department personnel i.e. maint, Tech Services, on downtime or production issues and assist as needed.
- Directing the scheduling of vacations, daily schedules, pay adjustments etc.
- Providing direction and to employees regarding perforamnce problems, documentation and foll ow up to resolution.
- Manages inventories.
High school diploman and/or equivalent experience in a related field
Minimum of two years experience and proven capability in a supervisory/managerial role
Demonstrated ability to develop staff accountability
Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook) skills required
Excellent oral and written skills
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to work varying work schedule and weekends
Two or four year college degree or technical certificate
Experience in rendering
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Cargill - 11 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...