Are you Covidien?
As a global, $11+ billion healthcare products leader, we deliver outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today’s rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Process Engineer is the primary technical leader for the processes they support. They are responsible for the Safety, Rate, Yield, and Quality of their processes. They also consistently look for ways to improve efficiencies, implement cost reductions, provide training to operators, and are the contact for troubleshooting. They are the primary R&D and regulatory interface for Manufacturing.
The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for the following:
Actively participate in the Hazard Reduction Process and Process Safety Management activities
- Actively participate in the safety improvement program.
- Own the manufacturing processes:
- Generate training documents and train affected personnel.
- Monitor production for quality, yield, and rate. - - Utilize statistical tools to develop operational trends and resolve issues.
- Summarize campaigns or ongoing run data and identify improvements.
The Sr. Process Engineer will have a shared responsibility for the following:
- Identify and implement cost savings.
- Lead capital and expense projects.
- Coordinate with Process Engineers on interaction of processes.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related engineering discipline
- Write / amend work instructions or SOPs as needed.
- Lead major projects as a technical resource (NESHAP, PEG, major process changes, etc.).
- Identify and implement systemic improvements (pH meter standardization, weigh scale checks, etc.)
- Support training specialist as needed.
- Support customer audits and visits.
- Support cleanout validation and re-validation efforts.
Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of directly related engineering experience and chemical processing experience
Covidien is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
- Understand and utilize Lean tools, willing to become Lean Leader or Six Sigma certified. * Strong knowledge of chemistry, physics, and engineering principles.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, from operations to senior management, and with external customers (including direct customers and regulatory agencies).
- Must strive for continuous improvement in all work activities.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Process Safety Management requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Good understanding of financial systems
Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading product lines in three segments: Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies. With 2011 revenue of $11.6 billion, Covidien has 41,000 employees worldwide in more than 65 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Please visit http://www.covidien.com to learn more about our business.
Founded as Mallinckrodt in 1867, the $2 billion Covidien pharmaceutical segment is in the process of spinning off into a separate business. This creates exciting opportunities to grow your career within an established organization that is soon to be an independent public company. Currently, the Company expects that the spinoff process will be completed in mid-2013. While we are undergoing the process, the pharmaceuticals business remains a segment of Covidien, and will continue to operate according to the Company’s strategic plan, focusing on our customers and patients who rely on our products. Equally important, pharmaceuticals’ mission remains the same: To make diagnostics and medicines better and safer for you and your family.
As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering spirit,...