INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DESIGNER/MANAGER, 13-024, Full-time
Job Location: Washington, DC
MTS Technologies, Inc. (MTS) is a privately-held Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with over 21 years experience offering professional services and solutions to the Federal Government and leading, global organizations. MTS offers a full range of capabilities to increase performance and identify the most cost-effective strategies to meet the unique training needs of Federal Government, U.S. Military, and Fortune 500 companies. Our reputation is built on our commitment to quality and service. We employ professionals who are committed to the standard of excellence that has resulted in our long-term success.
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DESIGNER/MANAGER POSITION DESCRIPTION
This is a full-time Instructional Systems Designer / Manager position located at our client site in Washington, DC.
The Instructional Systems Designer / Manager works on site with MTS' Federal Customer to ensure web-based and instructor-led projects are designed and developed according to client expectations.
The Instructional Systems Designer / Manager Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Instructional Development techniques, tools, theories, and methodologies
- Manages multiple and complex projects concurrently, working with the MTS Team and the Federal Instructional Team
- Works with appropriate MTS and Federal management to assemble project teams with the necessary expertise and skills for each project
- Develops formal lines of communication with Federal and MTS project teams, project sponsor(s) and stakeholders
- Works daily side-by-side with the Federal Instructional Manager, Instructional Systems Specialists, Project Sponsors, and Subject Matter Experts to define project requirements
- Establishes and manages relationships with external business partners as needed
- Assists Functional Managers in recruiting and screening MTS candidates
- Provides feedback on project team members to management
- Works with the Federal Contract Manager to ensure contract compliance
- Works with clients and management to establish the best use of MTS resources
- Manages medium to large complex web-based and instructor-led courseware projects with departmental to enterprise-wide impacts
- Handles highly-sensitive issues with the Federal customer and within MTS team, and maintains confidentiality
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DESIGNER/MANAGER EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Management, or related discipline
- Minimum 15yrs experience leading or managing web-based and instructor-led courseware projects
- Experience in growing the ISD business unit
- Project management methods and techniques
- Ability to work on client site with little to no supervision
- Ability to work in a matrix and dynamic organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lead complex team efforts
- Ability to be flexible and respond positively and quickly to change
- Creative and innovative thinking.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Education or Management
Employment with our company requires that you have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
You may apply directly to MTS Technologies, Inc. at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=673795
MTS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information visit our website at www.mtstech.com
MTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V