The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Housing & Food Services (HFS) currently has an outstanding opportunity for a Facilities Specialist for Apartments . This individual will manage facilities maintenance and repair for apartments operated by HFS on the UW campus. Oversee operation of the custodial programs supporting all apartments operated by HFS.
Please Note: This position is open until filled. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by 3/1/2013.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administer contracts for refurbishment of vacated apartments
- Manage the delivery of services to apartment residents:
Administer the window washing program
Determine disposition of room condition reports and damage billings
Manage carpet cleaning for HFS, including scheduling, staffing and contracting out as needed
Collaborate with contracts to ensure minimal disruption to residents
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our benefits website .
- Supervise custodial and maintenance staff
- Determine whether work will be performed by HFS staff or contractors and when work is contracted out, develop contract specifications and participate in the award of the successful contract.
- Manage the technical training for all HFS custodians
- Liaise with HFS units, campus partners and/or other agencies. Serve on the campus committees as assigned.
- Create and administer quality assurance programs
- Serves as a first responder for facilities emergencies
Bachelor's Degree in business, student affairs, construction management equivalent, plus three years of full-time experience in college and university housing or facilities management.
Experience supervising or directing the work of others.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Experience that demonstrates:
Condition of Employment:
- Knowledge of building operations.
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Successful application of adult learning principles
- Ability to specify, interpret or administer contracts and/or manage the delivery of contracted services
- Ability to develop and implement complex scheduling requirements
- Ability to develop ideas and implement them through teamwork and collaboration
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office computerized maintenance management systems, or, housing information management systems.
- Familiarity with UW Housing & Food Services facilities, policies, and procedures
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification may be required prior to hire.
Part of the application process for this position includes completing on-line Employment Eligibility and Cover Letter assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments will appear on your screen for you to complete as soon as you select "Apply to this Position" on this job announcement. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until these assessments are complete.
University of Washington Medical Center - 22 months ago